Saturday, 6 June 2009

I Like... Boats / "Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand"

I’m so glad my older sister has social skills. Social skills mean that you come into contact with other people. And sometimes you’ll come across interesting people, or funny people, or better yet, people with boats.
Lucky for me, I managed to mustle in on a boating trip last weekend. I’ve always thought I belonged at sea. I don’t get seasick and I like sailor outfits. It all adds up.
We sailed from Gosport (an odd town stuck in the 80s with fine dining establishments such as The Garlic Cafe and the anomaly of a huge marina) to the Isle of Wight. I just avoided a collision with another boat whilst at the helm on the way and almost threw the only person with sailing skills overboard on the way back (I got a little overly zealous with revving the engine).

I want a boat of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment