Friday, 6 November 2009

I Hate... Not being allowed to touch and smell things / The Official Michael Jackson Exhibition

Last weekend I ventured to the O2 to attend what AEG is billing as The Official Michael Jackson Exhibition.

And what a venture it was; I travelled by private car, train, underground, boat and taxi to get there (plus a two mile walk to the Imax cinema to see This Is It for the second time).

Here are some of my favourite items that I viewed with my own fair eyes (NB cameras were strictly not allowed. I was so looking forward to pictures of me sheepishly posing in front of MJ artefacts...)

Oh the glittering gates of Neverland. Pure grandeur.

If I could have taken one display home it would have been this. These masks were used for the Ghosts video when MJ transforms into a ghoul-like being. Oh these were fascinating. I had my face pressed right up against the glass case they were in (most likely put in place to keep freaks like me away). These would look lovely on my bedside cabinet.

This is my absolute favourite of Michael's insanely embellished jackets (and perhaps the most wearable). It probably would have fitted me too.

And oh my gosh - that jumpsuit from the Dangerous Tour which Michael dons for Workin' Day and Night to which he performs the world's most fun group dance choreography which I long to recreate.

I have written a full review for Spark* (Reading University's student paper) which I will upload along with my Morrissey review ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment