Wednesday, 16 December 2009

I Hate... Trying To Buy Clothes / “Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.”

As I have made clear before, I don’t know fashion. We’ve never really met, so clothes shopping and I are equally unacquainted. But how in our Western consumer society is it still so difficult to find a pair of jeans? It took me eighteen years to seek out the one brand of jeans that actually fit my diminutive frame (J.Brand) and after wearing my blue skinnies nigh-on every day since I turned eighteen, I finally admitted I needed to splash out on a new pair last weekend. It seemed simple enough; I wanted the exact same pair I was wearing, in the same size, style and colour but minus the odd holes that have formed on the inside of the knees (odd place for friction, no?)

But oh gosh, now there’s ‘pencil legs’, ‘cigarette jeans’, leggings, jeggings, treggings... None of which fulfilling my simple specification. Alas, I am still without jeans sans uncool holes.

Anyway, the point of this complaint being that clothes shopping is difficult and scary. However, I am interested in this pansy print shirt that Morrissey wore onstage a couple of weeks ago. I’m partial to a fine pansy print.
If you wish to take dressing like Morrissey to the next logical step, you can bid on the silver Gucci suit he wore whilst playing at the Hollywood Bowl in 2007, in support of Farm Sanctuary’s ‘Peace For Animals’.
http://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/109065?preview=1

No comments:

Post a Comment